- ADDING THE RIDE CALENDAR ICON TO YOUR SMARTPHONE
ADDING THE RIDE CALENDAR ICON TO YOUR SMARTPHONE Have you missed Patrick’s app for the PWTC ride schedule on your smartphone since we went to the new website? Well, it’s easy to install an icon on your home screen that does the same thing.
For iPhones, bring up Safari and search for the PWTC website. Then navigate to the ride calendar going to the menu item Rides/Calendar or by scrolling down below the upcoming six rides and clicking on More Rides. Once you have the calendar on your screen, press that little box with the arrow at the bottom of your screen. One of the options will be a square with a + sign that reads Add to Home Screen. On the next screen you can change the name of your icon to PWTC or Rides or whatever you like.
For Android phones, it’s slightly different. Go to Chrome. Find the PWTC website. Use the menu to go to the calendar or scroll down to More Rides. Press the three upright dots at the right of the screen, and when you see the menu, go to Add to Home Screen. When you get to the next screen, you can change the name to PWTC or Rides or whatever you like and press add. Voila!.
- LOGGING IN
LOGGING IN If you haven’t yet logged on to the new website (as of May 2017), you’ll want to do that to be able to access certain member only features, especially after January 2018 when all members will be able to see their mileage online. If you are the primary member on the account, follow these instructions:
- Open up pwtc.com
- Click on Login at the upper right of the screen
- Enter your email address where it says “Username or Email Address”
- Scroll to the bottom and click on “Lost your password?” (note: if you had a username and password for the old site, these are no longer valid)
- Enter your email address on the next screen where it says “Username or Email Address”
You will receive an email prompting you to create a new password. If you have problems creating the password, contact Cindy at [email protected] or click on Contact and complete the form..
- ADDING A FAMILY MEMBER
ADDING A FAMILY MEMBER Only the primary member, once they have logged in, can create a family member account. The family member needs to have a separate email address. Follow these instructions:
- Open up pwtc.com
- Log in to your account
- Click on the arrow next to your profile picture at the upper right
- Select “Account”
- Check your basic information to make sure it is correct and upload a photo if you like for your profile pic
- Click on “Add New” next to “Family Members”
- Enter the family member’s name and email address (make sure this is a different email than the primary member’s)
The family member should receive an email confirming he/she has been added. At that point the family member can log in using the directions above. Only by logging in separately will members be able to view their mileage stats..
- CANCELLATION OF RIDES
CANCELLATION OF RIDES Ride leaders now have the ability to cancel a ride on the pwtc.com calendar. Only the ride leader for a particular ride will be able to cancel the ride. If you plan to attend the ride and the weather is inclement, you will see a red strike out through the name of the ride both on the home page and on the ride calendar. On the ride description, you will also see “This ride has been cancelled.” For directions for ride leaders, see the Ride Leader Info page.